5th Annual NYSSA Adirondack Trails Conference
This year?s conference will be held in Long Lake once again at the Adirondack Hotel,
Route 30, Long Lake, NY 12847. The date will be Saturday, March 31st, from
10:00am to 1:00 pm. Pre-registration with name and club affiliation is required by
This year?s focus will be on why working positively with our State Agency officials is so
important to our future partnerships and trail locations. There are a couple very important
UMP?s that are being worked on that clubs must be prepared for. Representatives
from the DEC, OPRHP, DOT, and Economic Development have been invited and are
scheduled to attend.
Topics to be covered this year include:
- DEC Q&A about snowmobile issues
- Status of Easements and Recreational Plans
- Identify trails on the Forest Preserve that need work
- Review upcoming UMP issues such as trail designation and trail closures
- Learn of trail logs, priorities, work plans.
- Presentation on the environmental damage from the 2 tropical storms from last fall.
- Taking the next step with NYSSA?s Trail Steward program.
EventList powered by schlu.net